Sunday, March 20, 2011

Weekend Where did you go? Just my refelction.

Oh how the weekend fades so quickly when you have nothing --I mean everything to do! Have you ever been confined to a period of time and challenged yourself to see just how much you could accomplish? That is how I feel half of the time.
This weekend was another excellent moment of parenthood. Friday, after cleaning with a friend who works construction, I picked up Jack and we just lounged on the couch the rest of the evening. Saturday morning it started. I was blessed to have gotten Nicole and Chase (John's oldest kids) so easily and executed the plans!
We did a little shopping, church and then met Ben and Kerry for dinner at Buffo's Pizza in Highwood. I loved watching the kids bow their heads as Ben blessed our meal. Even sweeter was when Jack didn't hear him say "amen" and was still sitting in prayer moments after we finished. I leaned over and whispered, "amen" and he opened his eyes. This little guy is wonderful. It excites me that he repeats bible stories and prayers anywhere and everywhere. I look forward to watching his growth in and through Christ. It was a late night for us at the pizza place and bedtime followed a short Skype visit with their dad.
Today I woke to the boys playing Wii. Like full time brothers they love and encourage each other one minute and yell at each other the next. We spent the next part of our morning at The Little Gym in Gurnee where Chase and Jack got some of that energy out! Lunch went well with no spills, whining or other chaos. I had closed down the Wii and we all played Candyland and a game of Slap Jack afterward. Nicole and I even played a few games of Spit while the boys ran around the house with Superman and Batman. They have great imaginations!
As our visit nears the end; we sit in the dark house listening to the thunder outside. Nicole has created a mysterious atmosphere for the three of them to explore. So, I took a moment to read Cohort 16 blogs and do a little blog journaling myself. Those kids don't know it yet, but the minutes are ticking away and I am switching over to clean up mode as I type. If you hear some wailing, it is probably just my kids transitioning from fun to serious.
If you aren't parents yet this may seem boring or even crazy. For me, this is normal; a house that is spotless at 3pm is often a warzone by 3:05!
May your Sunday evening be as peaceful as I dream mine to be.
Ciao,
Dena

No comments:

Post a Comment